My top 10 lists have been fairly free form so far, being based on a theme I’ve randomly thought up or have interest in that I’d like to share. I’d like to note that the Top 10 Tuesday concept was born over on the Broke and the Bookish and they have a list of topics that you can use to guide you if you want to get involved. This week I’m following along and I’ve done a list of books on my TBR!
Firstly, let’s not kid ourselves, this is not my full TBR (“to be read”) pile. Not even close. No way. Impossible. This is a selection of books that have been RECENTLY added to my TBR, and even then I slimmed it down to 10 that I will try to read NEXT. I’ve really enjoyed putting together these lists as it has reminded me of books that I’ve collected but never actually gotten around to reading, and since I’m trying to get back into reading after months and months of life chaos, it’s been a good motivator! Some of these titles are from the various book clubs I’ve been participating in (though barely at all this year) and some are books I’ve picked up second hand because they looked interesting. And some are related to my recent top 10 on books with ‘girl’ in the title, which prompted me to pick up a few more books off my wishlist. There’s all sorts of stuff in the mix.
- What You Really Really Want: The Smart Girls Shame-Free Guide to Sex and Safety by Jaclyn Friedman
- Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph. D.
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
- 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl by Mona Awad
- The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality by Julie Sondra Decker
- The Secret History of the World by Mark Booth
- Rat Girl by Kristin Hersh
- Party of One: Stephen Harper and Canada’s Radical Makeover by Michael Harris
- Reckless by Christie Hynde
- This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate by Naomi Klein
ONE DAY I’LL READ THEM ALL. MAYBE.