FEMINISMS. I read a lot about feminism. There are so many books out there on this topic, from the classics from the first and second wave, to new releases (are we on wave 4 now?) They just keep coming! Here is a list of books I have read lately that really stuck out in my mind.
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Unfinished Revolution: Voices from the Global Fight for Women’s Rights edited by Minky Worden
- Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity by Julia Serano
- Killing the Black Body: Race, Reproduction, and the Meaning of Liberty by Dorothy Roberts
- Girls & Sex by Peggy Orenstein
- Girls to the Front: The True Story of the Riot Grrrl Revolution by Sara Marcus
- Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the Rise of Raunch Culture by Ariel Levy
- The Means of Reproduction by Michelle Goldberg
- The Girls Who Went Away: The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Roe v. Wade by Ann Fessler
- Sexual Fluidity: Understanding Women’s Love and Desire by Lisa M. Diamond
There are so many others that could have been put on this list! Do you have any favourites??