I haven’t been reading much of anything for the last 6 months, I’ve had way too much on my plate. But I’d like to change that up starting this month so I’ve started a new weekly post to cover what I’ve been reading for the week and to share any new acquisitions. I’m hoping not to get too many new books this year as I still have lots of books I haven’t read yet, but we will see what actually happens.
This week (and for many weeks previous) I have been working on 2 books; The Witches by Stacy Schiff and The Girls by Emma Cline. I love the premise of Witches but am finding it to be a real slog as Schiff goes into the minuatae of each trial and am sort of losing interest. I’ve also been chipping away at the audio book version of the Girls, but haven’t had much time to listen. So far I’m enjoying it.
New books this week: Moon Signs by Sasha Fenton. Also this stack from Value Village (Nanaimo and Victoria Locations)
- Witch Hunt: History of a Persecution by Nigel Cawthorne
- Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body’s Most Underrated Organ by Giulia Enders
- Alif the Unseen by G. Willow Wilson
- Revolution by Russel Brand
- Lonely Planet’s the World’s Best Street Food: Where to Find it and How to Make It
- Raw Food Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow by Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis
- Lucky Peach 101 Easy Asian Recipes by Peter Meehan