It’s been another slow couple weeks for me and reading, but I did grab a few new titles at the Friends of the Library book sale, and even won a book on hiking in the Gulf Islands!
The Friends of the Library sale happened over the June 11/12th weekend and this year it was at the Community Hall down the street. The whole room was filled with books and they were all super cheap! I stuck to a $12 budget and here’s what I got:
- Selected Poems – Emily Dickinson
- The Bingo Palace – Louise Erdrich
- Delicate Edible Birds – Lauren Groff
- A Short History of Women – Kate Walbert
- Undermajordomo Minor – Patrick DeWitt
- The Paying Guests – Sarah Waters
- Burial Rites – Hannah Kent
- Colour and Texture in Weaving – Selby
I also won a copy of Hiking the Gulf Islands of British Columbia at the Saturday Market by identifying a photo of a section of trail on Gabe. Pretty good score!!
Finally, I grabbed a couple magazines, one with an article about rabbits (actually, it’s an article about meat rabbits, but shows you how to make a rabbit tractor which is something we’d like to do eventually) and a special edition Mindfulness magazine which I’m really interested in reading.
There we have it, another week in books ❤