Wow it’s been a short while since I have managed to get any reading done. Mavis is a walking, talking, mess-making handful and the studio tour this past weekend had me pretty busy, but I do intend to make time for books again once I get caught up on work and cleaning (famous last words!) I did managed to collect a few books I’m really excited about this week though; suddenly it was just raining excellent/intriguing titles at VV and GIRO. I love when that happens.
- The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore by Kim Fu
- Ursula Le Guin: The Last Interview
- Dirty Windshields by Grant Lawrence
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (this one I bought new because my Gabriola book club is reading it together)
- The Red Word by Sarah Henstra
- How Should a Person Be? By Sheila Heti
- Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- The Farm by Joanne Ramos (it was especially exciting to find this as it’s on my wish list and I have almost bought it new about 6 times already but held out! Nice to get it for $5 instead of $23.40)
I have fallen seriously behind in reviewing the books I’ve read so far this year so will probably skip the ones I haven’t done yet and start fresh. Ahhhh there’s just too many good books and not enough time in the day!