Every so often I hit a good patch in my never-ending hunt for second hand books and make several good scores in a row. Last week I collected NINE books that have been on my radar for a while, and all at GIRO where they are 3 for $1.
This is the second copy of The Farm I have found this month and I’m excited to give a copy to a friend so we can read it at the same time. I also found an Octavia Butler book, an author I can never resist buying, that can be passed on to someone. I have already read The Inconvenient Indian but loved it and didn’t have a paperback copy so I grabbed it for the shelf.
The rest are new to me and added to the towering pile of To Reads:
1. Bloody Brilliant Women by Cathy Newman
2. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
3. The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer
4. The Equality Illusion by Kat Banyard
5. Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
6. Terrible Virtue by Ellen Feldman
No wonder my bookshelves are overflowing, I can’t seem to stop collecting books. And these ones were practically free, so… 😁